For small businesses and sole proprietorships, professional image can mean the difference between getting the job or not. We’re not talking about that superficial first impression, for business it goes much deeper than that. Many factors go into your total professional image, but the following are the most important:
Quality of Work
It’s obvious that in order to be considered professional by clients and peers, your work must be exemplary and your reputation must precede you. Word of mouth is the best advertising there is, so if your clients are happy with your product and/or services people will hear about it.
Responsiveness and Customer Service
Being willing to go that extra mile to make your clients happy is tantamount to a successful business. Communication tells a lot about who you are and how you work. Holding yourself accountable gains the respect of your clients. Some of these characteristics must include:
- – Responding to emails and phone calls promptly
- – Being willing to make recommendations and offer solutions
- – Follow up with clients after the project to ask for feedback
- – Make sure the product/service was completed right the first time
Essentially, your overall presentation is responsible for making a solid first impression. That begins the moment your client enters your office. If your business is small or a satellite in another location, you may be using an office suite for your home office.
Things your client may notice are:
- – Is the environment clean and professional looking?
- – Are the conference rooms equipped with the necessary technology to streamline your presentation efficiently?
- – Is the office staff ready to assist you quickly in any situation and greet your clients with courtesy and professionalism?
- – Is the location in a convenient and prestigious area?
“You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.” Make sure it’s a great one! At Summit Executive Suites, we pride ourselves in helping small business professionals present their very best image to their clients. We offer the above features plus so much more. Come in and take a tour. See how we can help enhance your professional image.